"Nick Winger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the footer is displayed is every page, but it overrides the text in the
> table...
> that means, the table doesn't stop at the region-after section...

You have to declare the body region properly in your page-master
so that it doesn't extend into the region-after.
For example
        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="content"
          margin-top="6mm"
          margin-bottom="0mm"
          ...>
          <fo:region-body margin-top="25mm" margin-bottom="20mm"/>
          <fo:region-after extent="15mm"/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>
This means roughly
--------------   page top
    ^
--------------
    ^
--------------
    ^
---------------------------------------------x
    ^                                          -----
    |  margin-bottom of region body (20 mm)     ^
    |                                           | region after (15mm)
    v                                           v
---------------------------------------------x ------
    ^
    |  margin-bottom of the page (0mm)
--------------  page bottom

The XSLFO spec has nicer graphics.

> other question:
> what is a page-sequence ?
A sequence of pages. You can define static content for a page sequence
to put into regions defined in the page-master(s) for that sequence. You
can select a starting page number. The processor will generate a page,
take text defined in the fo:flow in the sequence, put as much as
possible/sensible onto the page, and if there is text left in the flow it
will start another page until it runs aout of text.

The XSLFO spec has a more detailed description of everything.

> can i have multiple page-sequences in one pdf file (fo-file)
Yes. Be aware that a new page sequence always starts at the top of a new
page.
It is not uncommon to have different page sequences for TOCs, indexes,
colophons, title pages, abstracts and some people create one for each
chapter/appendix. This is also a strategy to reduce total memory
consumption of FOP and the risk of running out of memory.

> because let's say i have 3 tables in one pdf file fo-file)
> and every page where there is a different table should have
> a different static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after"
> ( every table a different footer... )
That's one of the most common reason to have several page sequences.

Furthermore:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>          <fo:block font-size="10pt" font-family="Arialn">
>            <xsl:text>_______________________________</xsl:text>
>          </fo:block>
Wouldn't you use fo:leader for generating rules?
Also, it shouldn't be necessary to generate a footnote,
  <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
     <fo:block>
      <fo:external-graphic src="stuff.jgp"/>
     </fo:block>
  </fo:static-content>
works just fine. I regularly put SVG into headers and footers. For
laout, it may be easier to use a blind table rather than a weird
combination of nested fo:inlines and fo:blocks.

HTH
J.Pietschmann