Hi! I am new to this.
I wish to transform FO document (docFo) into PDF. I am using fop.20
I have the following code :

                Document docFo ;      //contains a valid fo document
                ByteArrayOutputStream out;
                :
                :
                :
                Driver  driver = new Driver();
            driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
            driver.setupDefaultMappings();
            driver.setOutputStream(out);
            driver.render(docFo);
                return(out);

                I get this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageLayoutManager.makeNewPage(PageLayoutManager.java:141)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageLayoutManager.getParentArea(PageLayoutManager.java:176)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.FlowLayoutManager.getParentArea(FlowLayoutManager.java:49)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.BlockLayoutManager.getParentArea(BlockLayoutManager.java:81)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.createLine(LineLayoutManager.java:95)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.LineLayoutManager.addChild(LineLayoutManager.java:118)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.TextLayoutManager.parseChars(TextLayoutManager.java:164)
        at
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.TextLayoutManager.generateAreas(TextLayoutManager.java:55)

Can someone suggest where I am going wrong.
Thanks in advance
Bhawana