If you can do it and it will be an improvement then I welcome your input.

I think the are three possibilities:
- use a generic logging package such as found in avalon, it is quite
possible to use the LogkitLogger, Log4JLogger and Jdk14Logger
- use an interface
- use methods on the user agent

The interface almost guarantees that we will need extra code to do things
that everyone else is doing. The user agent could provide flexibility
while incorporating the first option.

We also need to remember context and threading issues.