On Thursday 04 April 2002 14:47, you wrote:
> At 08:34 AM 4/4/02 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> >like it could be the answer.  The only question is, can OOo use it?

> license of it's software. My question is why does OOo require FOP to
> be LGPLed? You can integrate it into OpenOffice without it being
> LGPL.

You can't change the Apache license into LGPL but you can license YOUR
CODE under LGPL (or GPL or  even MicroSloth EULA). This will require
anyone using YOUR CODE to observe LGPL (or whatever), which is what you
want to do, as I understand it. This would allow anyone else to extract
the Apache-licensed code out of your distribution and use it under
Apache terms, as long as they removed all of the LGPL code from it. Of
course, it would be easier to go out and get a pristine copy of FOp
instead. The only thing you can create license terms for is YOUR CODE
and then it still has to be provably original etc. etc.