Not at all, to the first. I've been using DHCP on Windows and Linux for
quite a while and CVS over SSH has not involved any aggro with respect to
.rhosts. Once you've got your public/private key pair created, and you've
uploaded your public key (and placed it into 'authorized_keys' on the CVS
server), you are set, assuming that your CVSROOT and CVS_RSH are also
specified.

To the second, yes, in theory, if I am not mistaken. I believe I have done
this before. It may be as simple as just modifying the Root files in your
CVS directories. You can only try - it's not like it's going to destroy
anything.

Arved