Comments below.

Yes, at Section 5.1.4. Every inheritable property exists on every formatting
object, whether or not the property is actually applicable to (useable by)
that FO. This isn't just a side-efefct of inheritability, this _is_
inheritability. :-)

> and
>
> Is there a list of these "inheritable attributes" ? Or do I just
> generate the list from those attributes that have an enumeration value
> of inherit?

Don't do the latter...what you want to want to look at is the "Inherited:"
field in the property descriptions.

Chuck, one thing you may find helpful (maybe you've done it already) is to
work off the XML version of the spec, and extract the property tables, at
which point you can do SAX or XSLT to get at interesting bits. This was my
approach.

Regards,
Arved