At 12:45 13/05/2002, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>I didn't know making software was as easy as setting a number.

I should have put a smiley in there but it is a serious point.

Some people are not using Fop because of its low version number.
You and I know that the version 1.0 will be the one which complies with the
XSL:FO spec and we are a long way from that.
FOP does not cope with the whole spec but it is quite satisfactory for many
jobs.
However there is a purely psychological problem with using software with
such a low version number - it discourages some potential users.

That is why I suggested skipping some version numbers but still keeping it
below version 1.0

Ale

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London: Software For Complex Websites
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Free Consultancy for London Companies thinking of Open Source Software.