"Oleg

                    Tkachenko"           To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    <olegt@multico       cc:

                    nn.com>              Subject:     RE: status on website

                    05/17/2002

                    06:49 AM

                    Please respond

                    to fop-dev

I believe  a little toc at the top of the page would be useful for such
kind of users.

---
Oleg Tkachenko,
Multiconn International, Israel

Or maybe a set of "teaser" paragraphs, like

FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is the world's first
print formatter driven by XSL formatting objects and the
world's first output independent formatter.

We have a demonstration of FOP Formatting available to help
you get started. <a href="xxx">Read more...</a>

FOP, as an open source effort, does not have a tightly defined
release schedule. We do have notes on the current status and
future plans, though. <a href="yyy">Read more...</a>

FOP goals are ambitious, targetting full compliance with
relevant W3C Recommendations. <a href="zzz">Read more...</a>

And so on. The initial page is smaller and loads faster. The
specific topics can fit a full "first page" in one screen
(for may users), vs. fitting into a full screen's worth of
a three screen page. (There's got to be a better way to
word that, but my coffee pot's still busted.)

Anyone out there with a journalistic background could improve
on my examples quite a bit.

 Thanks,

 Joe