From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 2:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fop and JDK1.2 (using ant copy tasks to select
implementations)

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 08:22, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>. . .
> 2. Try to build up the support for version dependant code for the next
> release.
>. . .

Note that this is fairly easy to do using filtering in ant "copy" tasks and
package names containing identifiers.

For example:
package A contains interfaces, abstract classes and factories as needed
package A.jdk12 contains 1.2 implementations
package A.jdk13 contains 1.3 implementations

The ant copy task (copying source files to an intermediate directory before
compiling) can then filter source files based on package names, in order to
select and compile the right classes.

-Bertrand