Hello FOP :)

Sorry for the delay, but I've just noticed the thread on FOP & X-Smiles now. I've
forwarded this message to the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] list as well.

I'm glad that the FOP community is interested in the X-Smiles project. We've been
using FOP as part of the browser for ages, I think
maybe 18 months.

We've extended FOP AWT renderer with live links and XForms controls.

And yes, we are still maintaining a stripped down version of X-Smiles with FOP that is
JDK 1.1 compliant, since we are also focusing
restricted devices and environments. We've therefore stopped at the last JDK 1.1
version of FOP.

It might still be desired to create 2 versions of the FO renderer in X-Smiles, one for
JDK 1.1, that uses the old FOP version and
one for JDK 1.2, that uses the latest version. We might be interested to add this, if
there were substantive benefits, such as
dynamic modification of the DOM tree.

Best Regards,
        Mikko Honkala
        www.x-smiles.org