FOP developers:

As I am trying to get my arms around FOP, I am finding some things that I
probably ought to propose as changes to the documentation, but I am confused
about the mechanism for doing so.

1. It appears that the main documentation deliverable is the HTML pages that
are on the web site and included in the distribution. Is that correct? Has
any thought been given toward using FOP to generate PDF manuals, perhaps
broken down between user and developer issues?
2. Are doc change proposals intended to work the same way that source
changes do -- ie. submit a patch to a committer? Or, is the doc function
centralized? If the former, then continue with the remaining questions. If
the answer is the latter, then to whom should documentation change requests
be made?
3. Running "build.sh usage" indicates that "build.sh docs" should build the
html documentation. There is no target for "docs", but there is one for
"htmldoc". This appears to be a bug, for which I will submit a patch after I
am more confident that I understand what should be happening.
4. Running "build.sh htmldoc" fails:
        /u/vic/xml-fop/build.xml:658: Could not find file
/u/vic/xml-fop/docs/xml-docs/fop.xml to copy.
My CVS download of the fop-0_20_2-maintain branch does not have this file
anywhere (updated 7-22-02, approx 8:00 GMT). This is what makes me think
that the doc function is perhaps centralized (??).

I'm sorry if these are newbie questions. The good news is that after you all
give me the answers, I will attempt to document them for the next guy.
Thanks.

Victor Mote (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Enterprise Outfitters (www.outfitr.com)
2025 Eddington Way