 > From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
 >
 > ...how will it be maintained?

Good question.  I assume you mean, how will the work be ported to work with new
releases of the Java version.  The answer is that I don't know :)

I've thought about a log of changes and an engine to automatically implement these
changes, but that would probably be fragile and cumbersome to make new developments
against.

If anyone has any ideas, I love to hear them.

 > From: Eugene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
 >
 > What you can say about performance?

To answer the question, I can only say that the Java code is compiled into MSIL, which
is then JIT-compiled at runtime into native code, which is the same process that
everything .NET does.  From that, I would think it very unlikely that there be a
dramatic decrease in performance compared to one running on a JRE, and I would think
it somewhat likely that it might run faster.

No empirical evidence, just a SWAG based on the architectures.

I'm thinking about putting the project on SourceForge to make it available.  I don't
know much about the open-source venue, though -- is this a good place to host it, or
is there a better way?