[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've just started playing with FOP, and I'm trying to create a system to create a
>simple pdf file to test the entire process. I'm running into a problem with my
>application
> however, and I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong.
>
> Here's the Error:
>
> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Unexpected InvocationTargetException
>      at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

This is a configuration problem: the XML parser is not
recognized, perhaps because it isn't properly installed
or because it is shadowed by some sort of system
misconfiguration.
Get local help to solve this. It has absolutely nothing
to do with FOP itself.

> org.xml.sax.InputSource rtsource =
 >  new org.xml.sax.InputSource("c:\\importtest.xml");

This will be problematic too: A string passed to an
InputSource constructor is interpreted as URL, not as
filename. Your environment may be smart enough to cope
with this, however, it is recommended to use
   InputSource(new File("c:\\importtest.xml"))
instead.

J.Pietschmann