Chuck,

Thanks for this. I noticed that that file has hard tabs, and I assume that you are using an editor which allows you to set soft interpretations for these. What setting do you use? I have stripped the TABs, replacing with spaces at stops of 2. I have also replaced the <CR><LF> pairs with LFs. Does your editor allow you to replace TABs with spaces? Does it allow you to choose a line-ending for the output file? If so, it would be useful if you could produce such a file. If you are using a tab width other than 2, let me know.

I will commit the changed file unless you would prefer I use a different tab stop.

Your schema raised another issue for me. In alt.design, I have a configuration file xml-lang.xml. It has no DTD, but it would be:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!ELEMENT xml-lang countrycodes, languagecodes, scriptcodes>
<!ELEMENT countrycodes country+>
<!ELEMENT country EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST country
name CDATA #REQUIRED
code ID #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT languagecodes language+>
<!ELEMENT language EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST language
name CDATA #REQUIRED
code ID #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT scriptcodes script+>
<!ELEMENT script EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST script
name CDATA #REQUIRED
code ID #REQUIRED

Currently, the xml-lang.xml file is processed at startup to produce HashMaps for validation. Not a good idea. I need to generate an appropriate class from the file. N.B. Not to be used during the normal build process, but as a developer tool to generate a new version of the class for checkin when changes occur in the relevant standards. It would be useful if we could decide on a common format that you can include in your schema and that I can use for code generation.

Peter

Chuck Paussa wrote:
Oleg and Peter,

Here's the latest iteration of the fo schema. Could someone commit it? The only change is to allow % in length attributes.

I believe that the schematron folks are working on a schematron validator that works as an extension to the schema (By adding schematron extensions to the <documentation> element.) I cetainly can't work on anything of that magnitude for a while (months+) since this one catches all of the mistakes that my team is likely to make.

If anyone wants to take on the task of extending the schema with schematron asserts. Feel free.
--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"