On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 12:00, Kevin O'Neill wrote:
> > I just added a Form XObject but it needs some work (eg. bounds).
>
> How do you intend to pass xobject hits from the fo processor. I had
> thought about a fop specific attribute that was a hint on block level
> objects.

I'm not sure what situation you might be talking about. So to speculate:
If it is to use xobject when there are things repeated across pages
(static areas, table header, svg) then it could be done through the
layout managers. If the content may be repeated and does not depend on
the page then it could set a value on the area tree saying that the area
(and contents) should be placed in a xobject. When the same area occurs
again, indicated by a key or something, then it will render the xobject
again.

If you are wondering why I added it. I made a simple and effective
extension to FOP that creates slide shows (there's something called
ppower4 that does this with Tex). An xml element is used to indicate
that the contents should be added to the page progressively. It wraps
the areas with a special marker area that indicates the areas should be
placed in an xobject to provide the appearance of adding that area to
the page. It's actually quite easy.

Keiron.