Keiron Liddle wrote:

> I think time would be better spent at the moment updating the content.
> Eventually forrest should be easy and not something that you really need
> to understand in depth.

Very good. That made sense to me as well, but I felt like a bit of a shirker
to leave that work to you.

> > 2. If we decide to get the PDF version of our doc working again
> (bug 13325),
> > I owe you an XSL-FO stylesheet for this document as well that
> can be used
> > there.
>
> Some other people have mentioned this would be a good thing.
> Not sure what the mechanics of it would be but maybe it is possible to
> use the tabs.xml and book.xml files to get the source files then get all
> the content together and make one big document.
>
> If you have an idea then go for it!

The purpose of the 13325 patch was to get the pdf generation working again.
Christian tried to apply it, but said that he got errors. I reviewed it,
couldn't see anything obviously wrong with it. However, I am not sure what
the nature of the errors were either -- it needs to be applied to the trunk,
but you must use a build off of the maintenance branch to build the doc. It
may also very well be pointed to documents that don't exist anymore, as it
seems like you have changed the directory structure some. Please let me know
if I need to rework it. Also, it was not a perfect implementation, but
rather a step in the right direction. I hope to get a couple more passes at
it before 0.20.5 is released.

Victor Mote