Matthias Brunner wrote:
Hello,

in this thread (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=103227363003594&w=2) I asked whether you could use FOP extensions to get the pagination back into the source XML document.
There was some discussion of this requirement on one of the FO lists not too long ago. It's a general requirement of all FO implementations. My suggestion was to enable the arbitrary output of "side files" that contain whatever information the style sheet writer wants to output. XEP already provides a generalized output mechanism that goes some way toward satisfying this requirement, although I would like a more general solution that lets me put essentially arbitrary markup in the output, but with the ability to refer to artifacts of the paginated result document (page numbers, marker values, mappings of input elements to the pages they occurred on, etc.).

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, [EMAIL PROTECTED]