On 28.11.2002 08:33:31 Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 19:19, Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> > > There could be two ways to set these values. From the command line we
> > > want the config file to set values and when embedding they could extend
> > > the user agent to set the values.
> > And what about the third one - set config file when embedding? That might be
> > convenient too.
>
> Config file or config data (eg. in cocoon sitemap, the data is in xml
> under the fop serializer which cocoon converts to config data).
>
> Yes, the other two make it possible.

I'd vote for an Avalon Configuration object which can be built easily
from XML and passed through from Cocoon which is also based on Avalon.
Configuration objects are also easily built by hand if necessary.

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/api/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.html

The UserAgent should IMO implement the Configurable interface which
defines an Avalon standard contract how the object is configured.

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/api/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configurable.html

Jeremias Maerki