On 28.11.2002 15:48:40 Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > I'd vote for an Avalon Configuration object which can be built easily
> > from XML and passed through from Cocoon which is also based on Avalon.
> > Configuration objects are also easily built by hand if necessary.
> Right. Lets stop reinventing the wheel (being diving into avalon).

Cool.

> > The UserAgent should IMO implement the Configurable interface which
> > defines an Avalon standard contract how the object is configured.
> The problem is that user agent properties are just part of FOP configuration
> properties. May be we should separate FOP config from User Agent config. Well,
> I need to avalonize my brain first.

That's not a problem. A parent object can easily pass a subtree its own
Configuration to its child. For example, Driver could pass a subtree
(cfg.getChild("useragent")) to a newly instantiated UserAgent
(useragent.configure(cfg.getChild("useragent"))).

Maybe separation of the config makes sense. I'll also look at this more
closely. But I've still got two or three little things in maint I'd like
to finish first.

Jeremias Maerki