Hmmm...maybe we could use a JVM profiler like jProf
(http://starship.python.net/crew/garyp/jProf.html) for this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Tkachenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 12:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Alt-Design: Preliminary results FO tree build test

Peter B. West wrote:

> Herewith the preliminary results of running the alt.design FO tree build
> against the 51 page test document supplied by Bertrand.
What is included in this measurement? I presume it's fo parsing, userconfig
processing and fo tree buiding?

  Thanks for the
> file Bertrand.  The file yields a tree of 11044 nodes.  The pull buffer
> is set to 64, the maximum size of the FoXMLEvent pool is 74, and the
> total number of FoXMLEvent objects created is 78 (next event id -1).
>
> The sytem is a 256Mb PII laptop running Sun's Java 1.4.1 under Redhat 7.3.
>
> Elapsed time from the beginning of org.apache.fop.apps.Fop main to the
> end of the FO tree build is 15960.  The preorder scan of the tree takes
> that to 16176.
>
> The test is run within a 'time' command with the results
>    18.02s real    11.71s user     0.24s system
It's rather interesting to compare it with the trunk code. But I believe we
need real profiler software results to make any serious conclusions.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team