On 11.02.2003 20:55:40 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >>Dammit, does this mean the page can be already null?
> > Sounds like it. :-)
> Where the hell is it nulled? I can't find it!

It is never set. Area.setPage() is never called for LineAreas or so
Eclipse tries to tell me.

> > When I tracked down the bug, I tought a function on LineArea would be
> > nice that constructs a String from its children so you get some context
> > in your FO file.
> Hmhm.

:-)

> > Does it? Well, bugs are bugs, but it bugs me that they still distract us
> > so much from the redesign. Wouldn't life be beautiful if we didn't have
> > to provide support? Just kidding.
>
> Actually, the way the redesign was attempted was probably a
> bad idea. See
>   http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html
>
> Seems we have now the worst of all, with a reasonably working
> but outdated code in the maintenace branch and a huge investment,
> but still not fully working code in HEAD :-(

We took a decision and I can still live with it. Nobody said it would be
easy. Of course, it would be nice if we got some more resources in form
of people working on the redesign or even funding to developers or
committers... The biggest problem is probably that we lost a lot of
knowledge (and possble workpower) when important committers left. At
least you can say that the redesign holds some promising prespectives
(IMO).

Jeremias Maerki