Hi all,

I'm using FOP to generate PDF and corresponding ASCII text output files.
I'm using FOP to generate the corresponding ASCII output instead of just
straight XSL because the reports I'm creating contain many tables with
varying widths and columns.  I also didn't want to have to worry about line
breaking.

The ASCII text output is actually working quite nicely.  Figuring out what
font-family (Courier), font-size (7.3pt), and line-height (10.5pt) to use
solved the problems I was having with missing spaces and sequential lines in
the output overlaying one another.

There is still one problem I need to solve - pagination.  The text output
files that I'm creating do not need pagination, since they are just one long
virtual page.  But FOP is inserting page breaks at the page boundries.  Is
there a way to tell FOP not to insert page breaks in text mode?  I know I
can solve the problem by creating a simple-page-master with an arbitrarily
long page-height, and then do some post-processing on the generated output
file.  But I thought I'd see if there's a more elegant solution.

If FOP cannot currently surpress page breaks in text mode, how hard would it
be for me to add this functionality myself?  Can anybody familiar with the
ASCII renderer point me where to look?

Thanks! -Vincent