Victor Mote wrote (on July 7):

> Please review the remaining issues & comment/vote on them so that
> we can get
> them resolved & be done with style issues for awhile:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?FOPDevelopersStyleGuide
>
> At some point, I will clean out any topics that have no content or
> discussion, or that are not resolved.

OK, I have removed the following sections, which were either empty, were
already resolved, had all negative votes, or which attracted no new
comments:
  * Declaration Placement (empty)
  * Grouping of Imports (empty)
  * Scope and Reuse of Variables (2-2 split vote, confusion about the
content, no explanation forthcoming)
  * How to Use Certain Control Structures (empty)
  * Higher Design Patterns to Apply (empty)
  * Glossary (3 negative votes, no positive)
  * Exception Handling (Remaining) (no new content, these are design issues
that are being addressed in other places on the project)
  * Mailing List Usage (all this content is now on our maillist.html page on
the website)

This leaves the following topics:
  * Checkstyle version
  * Spelling Rules
  * Personal Attribution

Please review the wiki again to make sure that you have weighed in on any
topics you think are important:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?FOPDevelopersStyleGuide

Any that aren't resolved in the near future will be deleted, and can be
reopened on the mailing list or the wiki.

Victor Mote