J.Pietschmann wrote:
Victor Mote wrote:

I guess you are saying that a page-sequence will use too much memory (??).
Again, this is a non-issue. Just use a different LayoutStrategy that is more
eager.

This can be an issue. In a real world file I benchmarked (rendered to 58 pages),
the FO tree for the second page sequence run up to >70MB due to a table with
lots of small cells, which generated more than 80k FOs alone. This also
generates a huge amount of areas, even if they are discarded almost as fast
as possible, it is easy to max out a 512MB VM configuration. And that's by
no means an completely unreasonable example.

I wondered why I got a OutOfMemory already during *parsing*...

Joerg (does JÃrg work?),

I know you are a long-time advocate of sticking with the codebase, and have been very critical of my approach, so I don't want to draw any unwarranted conclusions here. Does the above mean that you are interested in my ideas?