On Dec 24, 2003, at 8:55 AM, Bernd Brandstetter wrote:
On Wednesday 24 December 2003 15:39, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
Apparently this was admitted by earlier versions of the spec. Older
versions of FOP still supported this, but the latest version throws an
error...

wouldn't it be reasonable to also accept the obsolete 'master-name' and to
just print out a corresponding warning message instead of throwing an
error? AFAIK, the attribute has only been renamed to 'master-reference',
but its meaning and usage remained identically the same.

Regards,
Bernd

+1 (if non-votes count! ;-) )

In fact, I would love to see this considered a "bugfix" for the 0.20.5 maintenance release, as I believe it would help people upgrade from 0.20.4 (or lower) to 0.20.5 and higher. Backward-compatibility is always a nice thing--especially if it's as "easy" as this appears to be.