> From: Andreas L. Delmelle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<snip />
> The things I'm still looking for are
> - the correct adjustment for the cell LM's height in case of rowspan
> - the adjustment for the x-coordinate of the cells affected by a rowspan

I guess the riddle I'm still trying to solve is:
How do I access the LM's for the subsequent rows at this point?

Correct place to do this, I think, is in fop.layoutmgr.table.Row.addAreas()
right before the cells are layed out (the most inner while-loop). If you
change the body of fop.layoutmgr.table.Cell.setXOffset() to += instead of =,
and perform a setXOffset() for all affected cells in the subsequent row LM's
at this point, when the cell LM's row LM is actually reached at the higher
level the xoffset will be added to the already present value rather than
overwriting it (for as far as I can see this is defaulted to 0 anyway --any
other calls to setXOffset() I might be missing?).

Or perhaps the body/header/footer need to keep track of these? I've also
noticed the maintenance version has a RowSpanMgr. Maybe this will provide us
with some clues...

Cheers,

Andreas