> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andreas L. Delmelle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just to keep everyone up to date about my excursions:

<snip />
> Another detail overlooked is the column-number property, ...

Which is, for the moment quite ... unimplemented (--should've checked this
sooner :) ), so that explains why the spec isn't being followed when setting
the default value to 0.

This makes me think that much of colspan and rowspan could already be
managed at FO Tree level, so the LM's already get supplied the correct value
at least for colnr from interrogating their FObj. I would judge this
approach to be much cleaner... Any thoughts on this?

With the current modifications I have made to the cell & row LM's (--more on
these soon), it should work... when support for the column-number property
would be available. That is: for the moment, I have column-span working
correctly apart from the fact that the column-number is always 0. If this is
not the case, as I could see when hacking this support into the row LM in
setupCells(), the cellIPD and xoffset for the following cells are being
calculated correctly, based upon the correct table-column. (This was done in
such a way that we can easily pick up the column-number from the
corresponding TableCell afterwards, if and when we figure out how to
correctly set the defaults for this.)

The RowSpanMgr in maintenance *is* indeed very interesting... still no luck
here, though

Cheers,

Andreas