Peter B. West wrote:
------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2004-01-10 00:25 -------
OK, I think I found the solution to the first case (as already mentioned to Finn off-list):

Re: off-list discussions. My own view is that off-list discussion should be restricted to personal or inter-personal matters. I have only posted off-list on a few occasions, and I think three times before doing so. If the question is at all technical, post to the list. This is how all of the developers keep abreast of the development of ideas in design and implementation. If we don't follow this policy, we risk fostering cliques, and anyone who tries to follow the development of an idea in the archive will be at a loss.

P.S. Lest anyone think this is directed at him, I confess to being a recent culprit in my discussions with John about patches to alt.design.

Peter