On man, 2004-01-26 at 14:08, Chris Bowditch wrote:

> Anyone who has worked in a large organisation will know: it is very
> difficult to upgrade the OS on a server (which is a pre-requiste for
> later JDKs on some platforms). Large companies tend to have request
> forms/processes just to copy a single file onto large
> servers/mainframes, let alone upgrading OS/JDKs.

AIX is one example. To get Java 1.4 on AIX you need at least AIX 5.1.
And whats worse is that it also requires a certain level of hardware
(Common Hardware Reference Platform). A lot of currently active
AIX-servers do not meet this requirement, including our development
server at work :-(

--
/Reiche