On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 15:46, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> *bg*
> Twenty years ago, I had to work on a 8008 driven computer
> with 4k RAM and 12k ROM. That's enough to run a program
> which nicely prints formatted and justified text (25 lines
> a 80 characters). We went a loooong way since then.

I went to a presentation on the Mars Rover's at the St John's GeoCentre
which is one of the sites that NASA has granted access to the FTP site
for fresh Images ...

Comparing the old Mars projects to the new stuff ...

That was FORTRAN ... This is Java.

I recall hearing about a court case in which the Canadian Military were
suing a supplier about something as trivial nowadays as 8K of memory.

--
John Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>