With the help of many people I've done an licensing audit last March.
See the Wiki page [1] for the whole protocol. The original Dutch
hyphenation file that was used to create nl.xml is published under the
LPPL license which includes a restriction that makes it impossible for
The Apache Foundation to use and distribute.

[1] http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?FOPAudits/March2003

On 27.02.2004 21:14:40 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:24:38PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > jeremias    2004/02/27 10:24:38
> >
> >   Removed:     src/hyph cs.xml da.xml de.xml de_DR.xml el.xml en_GB.xml
> >                         en_US.xml fr.xml nl.xml no.xml sk.xml tr.xml
> >   Log:
> >   Removed legally problematic files as done for the maintenance branch.
>
> What are those legal problems? The Dutch file nl.xml is based on the
> hyphenation patterns created by the Dutch TeX user group, and are
> freely distributed with TeX software. Why cannot FOP distribute them?

Jeremias Maerki