On 28.02.2004 20:16:56 Clay Leeds wrote:
> It would also be nice, if there were some sort of "repository" or links
> page on the FOP site where people can go to get hyphenation files that
> cannot be included in FOP because they do not meet the needs of the
> ALv2 (assuming there are no negative legal ramifications). That way,
> this valuable information is still accessible, and simplifies the
> process of getting the information. It might mean a little more legwork
> on our part, but it may end up being 'worth it' in the long run.

Well, IMO our website says just about everything there is to know about
hypenation patterns. Even a link to the most important source for
hypenation patterns is there. One possibility for the community is to
create a project at SourceForge (or somewhere else) to put hyphenation
patterns which cannot be distributed by the ASF.

> Also, I don't know how I can be of use, but if there's anything I can
> do in this regard (e.g., take a text blurb and 'apply' it to a set of
> files), I'd be happy to help. I just need a little direction on how to
> contribute.

You could try to get a few people together to create that place where
people can download additional hyphenation patterns. Also, simply send
in patches for the documentation as you see possibilities for
improvement. I don't think you have to care about the relicensing issues.
We can handle that. Just continue doing what you do. That way you
already help a lot. If you want to do even more, you could buy yourself
a good beginners guide to Java.

Jeremias Maerki