On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:58:43AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I went through a similar thought process to you when I analysed the code in
> Text and Line LMs. I'm taking a closer look at your patch now.
>
> I believe the reason why justification still doesnt work after correcting the
> issues you've found is because TextLM.addAreas doesnt create separate areas
> for each word - it creates one big area in some cases for whole line, so there
> is no opportunity to add space adjust for justification.

The layout managers only do the calculations. The renderers need to do
the real work, i.e. apply the calculation to the line to be
rendered. The LM can help by splitting up the line in a number of text
areas, or the renderer can scan the unsplit text areas and apply
stretching to the white space in it. There was a discussion about this
topic on this list some time ago.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping