Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:

Just gathering my thoughts here...

Thanks for your feedback. I need all the help I can get!

If I interpret the related code in BLM correctly, then the childLMs are all created (and call their addAreas() ) after the first marker has been added ( line 265: addMarkers(true,true); )

addMarkers( true, true ); translates to
parentLM.addMarkerMap( markers, true, true ); (see
AbstractLayoutManager.java line 360 )

This latter stops at page-level, in PageLayoutManager, it becomes:
curPage.addMarkerMap( markers, true, true );

So, IIC, this makes it conceivable that a marker is added to page 1, then
subsequently the childLMs signal a BP, maybe breaking the page, but
certainly leaving the marker where it was initially added.

No, because as you say above addAreas is being called and this doesnt not generate BPs, BPs are generated by the getNextBreakPoss method on each LM. This is why I am puzzled, the page boundaries are decided when the getNextBreakPoss methods are called. By the time, addArea methods are called, the page boundaries have already been decided....

<snip/>

Chris