Glen,

Thanks for your lengthy reply. It makes more sense now. Although I
keep the feeling that this change brings the FO tree building and area
tree building modules closer together than I would prefer.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:20:16PM -0700, Glen Mazza wrote:
> > AreaTreeHandler
> > throws
> > SAXExceptions. This is a parser based exception
> > type.
> >

> Indeed--needs them just as much as MIFHandler and
> RTFHandler do.

This parser based exception penetrates the app rather deeply. It would
be better if here all traces of the particular FO file input method
would have vanished.

> Also, in merging the two I was able to remove a lot of
> code that dealt with communication between the
> two--moving out this administrative code dropped the
> combined size by about a third (IIRC 500&265LOC
> before, 465LOC after.) It does help in comprehension.

Communication may be a means of separating parts of an app from each
other. And often it is worth the extra lines of code.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl