Yes, the way I see it, one of FOP's successes will be
our close adherence to JAXP.  Another one will be a
very strict and solid FO validation component--a "firm
handshake" that hopefully will paint FOP as a
Tomcat-like reference implementation for XSL.

BTW, Simon, and everyone else, there's about 30 or so
validateChildNodes() left to be written--many of them
quite complex.  Feel free to help out if you'd like!

Glen