Then, I'm wondering how to handle the conditional part (7.7.9) in this
case because I don't have a clue and it seems not to go well with the
collapsing nature of these borders as well as the rules 1-5 in 6.7.10
for border-collapse="collapse". Also, I don't think "the associated edge
is (can be) a leading edge in a reference area from this (table-cell,
table-row, table-body....) formatting object". Hmmmm.

On 21.02.2005 18:11:22 Victor Mote wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Am I right that for a table-cell in collapsing border model
> > the conditional part of a <length-conditional> (ex. in
> > border-before-width) has no effect (i.e. is ignored)?
>
> That doesn't sound right. I just did a cursory review of the standard and
> can't find any support for that. However, the standard has a way of humbling
> me from time to time, so I may have missed it.
>
> Victor Mote

Jeremias Maerki