This is old code, but it should really be
layoutSideRegion()/RegionOuter(), correct?  The
purpose of this method is for regions that don't have
columns, i.e., any region except fo:region-body.
fo:static-content can be directed anywhere, including
fo:region-body.  (Although PSLM currently raises an
exception if the fo:page-sequence's fo:flow is not
directed to the fo:region-body, but actually I don't
think there is anything wrong with that.)  I can make
the change IIC here.

Thanks,
Glen

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>        private void layoutStaticContent(int
> regionID) {
>   -        Region reg =
> currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);
>   +        RegionOuter reg =

(RegionOuter)currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);