<snip />
> Also, a break-before="page" on the very first block in the
> document seems to be ignored. Is that correct behaviour?

After consulting the Rec, I'm still a bit confused, but I'm beginning to
think that it *is* correct to drop the very first break-before (or last
break-after), and that one blank page is the maximum between the two blocks
I described earlier...

> Overall, there seems to be something wrong in this logic in
> PSLM.needNewPage() :

So it seems I was wrong about the above. My apologies.

Problem of the first or last odd/even page-break before/after *in* a block
remains...

Greetz,