Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Still, we're at a point where we should finally say yes or no to further
> pursuing the new page breaking approach. Merging the branch back into
> HEAD means a step back for a few features and on the other side a step
> forward especially for keeps.

My vote is
 +1

> Over all, there is still a number of problems to be solved.
> These are (potentially incomplete list):
> - [...]
> - before-floats and footnotes

I have been working on footnotes since the beginning of May, and I have
now a working basic implementation (I'm going to write a message on this
specific subject).

Before-floats could be a bit more complex, as there are fewer constraints
involving their positioning, but I think they could be dealt with using a
similar strategy.

Regards
    Luca