> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

(A very short one this time --only one clarification...)

> On 17.05.2005 23:24:55 Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the more I read the parts in the XSL-FO and CSS Rec
> about borders,
> > the more I get the impression that the collapsing model works:
> > - partly on the level of the bare properties/FOTree
> >   the question: which borders are dominant in the general cases?
>
> That's the question you came up with to optimize border resolution. As I
> said, that might be helpful. My current implementation dumbly takes all
> sources together, every time.
>
> > - and partly on the level of layout
> >   the question: what is the size of the space assigned
> >                 to the applicable borders in this case?
>
> This I don't get. Sorry.

Funny... 'This you don't get', or 'this' you don't get? May have something
to do with my using 'this' where I meant to say 'the specific case', as in
'taking into account breaks/spans'.
The first question could be solved separately (earlier), and would always
yield the dominant borders in the general cases.
*After* that question has been answered, there are still the possibilities
of page/column-breaks or row/column-spanning cells (where the generally
dominant border we already have, _may_ turn out to be incorrect)

In a very straightforward table, taking up half a page or so, and with
exactly one table grid unit per cell (no spans), the second question becomes
irrelevant and never needs to be asked.

Cheers,