I'm afraid I will still need my copies. You can order copies from here:

(that's actually "Digital Typography" which also contains that chapter
in question)

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=910075

Just out of curiosity and because you ask for these two papers: Are you
considering working on FOP's layout engine?