While I was investigating this earlier I modified AbstractBreaker to set
the "force" parameter to "false" on the findBreakingPoints() call. I
found out now that this had the interesting side-effect that footnotes7.xml
produces the same footnotes on both page 1 and page 2. It seems that the
footnote handling relies on the force parameter to be set to "true".
Don't know if this means anything. I simply thought I'd share this. I
reverted that change on my working copy.