On 24.06.2005 13:09:33 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > > > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>  > > HELP! (you did say to shout :) )
>  >
>  > Louder!
>  _   _ _____ _     ____  _
> | | | | ____| |   |  _ \| |
> | |_| |  _| | |   | |_) | |
> |  _  | |___| |___|  __/|_|
> |_| |_|_____|_____|_|   (_)

:-) Much better, though I don't know if it helps here:

>  > > bash-2.05b$ svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ xml-fop
>  >
>  > The command is ok. It works on my Windows box. I copy/pasted it into my
>  > shell.
>  >
>  > > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>  > > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)
>  >
>  > Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
>  > could you please try again?
>
> Same response. If I open up
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ in
> mozilla it works. If I open up
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default it
> comes back with the following:
>
> Conflict
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your
> request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, [EMAIL PROTECTED] and inform them of
> the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
> Apache/2.1.3-dev (Unix) SVN/1.1.4-dev mod_ssl/2.1.3-dev OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2
> Server
> at svn.apache.org Port 80
>
>  > Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe?
>
> There's a transparent http proxy running, but it hasn't caused any problems
> with anything
> else.

Looks like Christian is right. The proxy probably coughs at Subversion's
special request methods. I've found the FAQ entry in the official SVN
FAQ concerning proxies. Maybe this contains an additional idea how to
solve this. The first step is probably identifying the brand of the proxy.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

You'd think that with SVN, all the CVS+Firewall problems would go away,
but you get SVN+Proxy problems in return. Sigh.

>  > If you double-click the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?
>
> Yes. See above,
>
> Richard

Good luck anyway. Let us know if it helps.