The recommendation allows any property to be on any FO (First sentence of section 5 of 1.1[1], but also somewhere in 1.0), regardless of its utility. So we don't need to mention this as a warning.

We *might* want to do this in a few areas though where newbies might make very common mistakes (and be upset that FOP isn't working they way they think it should be as a result), however.

Glen

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#refinement

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

While creating the check for the span attributes a few minutes ago, I
wondered if we shouldn't actually warn about explicit non-inherited
properties on FO they don't apply to. We currently don't do that AFAICS.
Am I right that this is a task that we shouldn't forget?