On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:00 pm, Thomas DeWeese wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
>     Yes it does.  It uses the 'properties' interface to expose this
> (and lots of other) information.  The properties in question are
> "x_pixels_per_unit", "y_pixels_per_unit" & "pixel_units".
>
>     The TIFF reader exposes the entire tiff directory (property
> "tiff_directory").  You can get the resolution info from that
> using the constants in TIFFImageDecoder (TIFF_X_RESOLUTION,
> TIFF_Y_RESOLUTION, TIFF_RESOLUTION_UNIT).

Thanks Thomas. Yes, I saw that myself, did a quick hack to try it and it
works.

Now have to figure out to properly integrate it into FOPs image handling
as extracting the resolution is obviously image format specific but the
code is all stuck in the BatikImage class with the PNG and TIFF
subclasses not having access to the underlying Batik properties stuff.
Never mind, I'll think of something.

<snip/>