On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 07:43:36PM +0200, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >I think the hyphenation patterns were supposed to be in the fop-hyph.jar
> >which can be used or replaced by the one offered by OFFO. AFAIK, there's
> >no need for a fop.xconf to be compiled into the fop.jar anymore with the
> >Avalon, uhm, Excalibur-style configuration. I wonder how many people
> >actually used the possibility to compile the configuration into the JAR
> >file. This seems very unflexible to me.
>
> I see. It seems I killed the fop-hyph.jar target prematurely.
> Is the spin off of the serialized hyphenation patterns the
> start of a trend which will end with a fop-core.jar, fop-api.jar,
> fop-pdfrenderer.jar, fop-j2drenderer.jar, fop-awt-application.jar,
> fop-cli.jar, fop-anttask.jar and, of course, a fop-all.jar? :-)

In spring of this year it was proposed that all hyphenation patterns
be removed from fop and only be made available by OFFO. In fact, the
same old set is still in xml-fop/src/hyph.

Users could put their hyphenation patterns in xml-fop/hyph. The
hyphenation target uses this directory. If it is empty, no hyphenation
patterns will be compiled. The patterns in xml-fop/src/hyph are not
used.

hyphenation-jar collects the patterns in xml-fop/build/hyph in a separate
jar file, to preserve independence of fop.

In fact I offer ready made hyphenation jars in OFFO,
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/offo/offo-hyphenation-fop-HEAD.zip?download.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping