On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:33 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip/>
> BTW, I'm very positively surprised and extremely pleased about your
> contributions so far. Is your boss supporting you or have you simply
> become addicted to FOP? :-) Just curious.
Jeremias,

Thank you for your kind words. If you mean 'boss' in the domestic sense
the answer is no - she certainly doesn't like me doing any more work on
computers than I am doing any way. If you mean 'boss' in the business
sense then there is a big problem: I am my own boss and any time I
spent on fop I am not earning money to feed the bunch at home. But
seriously - I have been lurking on the fop-dev list for many years and
even provided some minor patches back in the days when 0.20.4 and
0.20.5 where hot property. This all started when I introduced and used
fop in a high volume document centric server application for a
customer. As a result of that success I always wanted to contribute
back something to an open source project whose 'fruits of labour' I was
using commercially. However, fop didn't appear to be going anywhere for
a long time (apart from some at times not so friendly discussions on
this list). Finally, you wrote on this list that fop 1.0 may be nearing
a first pre-beta release. That's when I got encouraged to look at it in
more detail again and then decided to help with the push to get it 'out
of the door'.

Does that satisfy your curiosity?

Manuel