On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:31 pm, Manuel Mall wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:28 pm, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> > > Thanks for pointing this out - don't you love this spec -:).
> > > However, that's for a margin specified on a page-master. My
> > > uncertainty is with a margin specified on a region-body unless
> > > you interpret the term "page context" as meaning page-master and
> > > its subordinate elements in which case margins on regions would
> > > be resolved relative to the
> > > page-width/height.
> >
> > I agree that this may not be 100% clear but I believe this applies
> > to the simple-page-master's immediate children, too. I mean we're
> > outside of the normal block-level stuff and inside the page
> > declaration. It would really be weird to base these values on
> > anything else than the page extents.
>
> Yes I agree (with the weird bit), that's why I ask the question. So I
> will resolve relative to the page width/height.

Further to this - what is the expectation if we change the reference
orientation by 90 degrees (whichever way)? Now margin-top and bottom
are along the sides and margin-before and after are across (Look at the
picture in section 6.4.12 under "Constraints applicable to regions" of
the spec if you don't quite understand what I am talking about.
). Shall we still resolve a percentage on a margin-top/bottom against
the page-height? Looks awkward to me but couldn't find (that doesn't
mean there is none) an answer in the spec.

> > > Manuel
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki
>
> Manuel

Manuel