"Peter B. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Simon Pepping wrote:
Maintaining FOP means maintaining a digital typesetting system means
maintaining some of the best digital typography algorithms.

I plan to resume my documenting activities in the coming months. I
look forward to the challenge to document Knuth's algorithms and FOP's
implementation of them in a clear and widely understandable fashion.

That's a good thing, Simon, and your documentation is very comprehensive. However, I think the question still deserves serious consideration.

You seem to be saying that inferior algorithms should be used for the sake of developers who don't have time to read the internals documentation. That doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade-off to me.

-Peter-